Recipe by kitina
Delicious, economical too!
Top Review by Meringue
Didn't have pear juice so I used two whole organic pears and about a cup more broth. Otherwise I made it as directed and it was superb! Best of all my very fussy teen daughter loved it! I grew celeriac this year for the first time and this was the first recipe I tried with it and I am glad that I did. Thanks Kitina.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium celeriac, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pear juice
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil for about 5 minutes, add garlic and bay leaves.
- Cook for about another 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaves and puree soup using a hand blender or food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve hot.