Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious, economical too!
Make and share this Celeriac and Pear Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium celeriac, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pear juice
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion in oil for about 5 minutes, add garlic and bay leaves.
- Cook for about another 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaves and puree soup using a hand blender or food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve hot.
Didn't have pear juice so I used two whole organic pears and about a cup more broth. Otherwise I made it as directed and it was superb! Best of all my very fussy teen daughter loved it! I grew celeriac this year for the first time and this was the first recipe I tried with it and I am glad that I did. Thanks Kitina.
I got a large celeriac in my veg box this week, and I have a ton of pears from the tree in my garden... so this recipe was perfect. I made my own juice from around 5 pears and added a couple more peeled, cored and chopped. The sweetness of the fruit provided the ideal balance to the celeriac - a lovely autumn soup. Thanks.
I couldnt find pear juice so I juiced 2 and peeled and chopped one to add to the soup. I just loved this soup. The celery flavour was mild but surprised me because it married so well to the pear flavour. I know it sounds strange, but its one of those things you have to taste first! LOVELY!