Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this on a British TV programme and had to try it. It is wonderful with a poached egg on top and the celeriac makes a change from potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes until softened but not coloured, stirring from time to time.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to fry for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the grated celeriac in a clean tea towel until dry. Put in a bowl with the mushroom mixture and parsley, then mix well to combine. Season to taste.
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan. Add the celeriac-and- mushroom mixture, slightly flatten it, then cook for 7 minutes until lightly golden.
- Slide out on to a plate, add the remaining butter to the pan and, when melted, tip the cake back into the pan, uncooked-side down. Cook for 10 minutes or until the celeriac is completely tender. Turn out on to a warmed plate, top with a poached egg and cut into wedges to serve.
This was really tasty and something a bit different but easy to make. I must admit mine didn't hold together too well and broke up a bit when I tried to turn it over but it tasted fine so that's the main thing! I will certainly be trying this again.