Recipe by nightfoxtemptress
I found a recipe similar to this in a crock pot cook book and a added a few things. Everyone who tries this soup loves it. It's very hearty and is filling enough to be served as a main dish. Measurements for the ingredients are not necessary and can be altered to your preference.
- 2 (8 ounce) containers salsa
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 -6 chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head cilantro
- 2 whole avocados
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to your crock pot, except the last five.
- Keep your crock pot on high for 6-8 hours.
- Cook until chicken falls apart.
- Cut corn tortillas in long strip then cut in half.
- Fry tortilla strips until golden brown and strain.
- Add cheese and tortilla strips to a bowl and pour soup on top. Garnish with cilantro and avacado.