2 hrs 30 mins
Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
The lemon-flavoured gravy and the mixed herb stuffing transforms this regular roast into a magical dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper
Chicken(use 2 cups of lemon-herb prepared stuffing)
- 1Lemon-herb stuffing:.
- 2Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to the breadcrumbs, then add the beaten egg and mix well.
- 3If your family wants extra stuffing, you can double the recipe then reserve half and dot the top with butter and bake in the oven with the chicken for the last 30 minutes of roasting time.
- 4Roast Chicken:.
- 5Spoon the stuffing into the neck cavity of the chicken, fold over the flap of skin, and secure with the wings.
- 6Set the chicken in a roasting pan just big enough to hold it, brush it all over with the oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7Roast in a preheated 350F oven for 1 3/4 hours or until the juices run clear, basting occasionally and covering with foil if skin is too brown.
- 8Remove from pan and let stand for 10 minutes. Pour off all but 1 tbsp fat from the pan.
- 9Set the pan on top of the stove, add the flour, and stir over moderate heat for 1-2 minutes.
- 10Add the stock and lemon juice and stir until thickened.
- 11Taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary.
- 12Carve the chicken and serve at once, with the gravy passed separately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celebration Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 811.6
- Calories from Fat 505
- Total Fat 56.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 260.3 mg
- Sodium 708.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 56.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of