Recipe by Dawn
This is an adaption of a recipe, found in a woman's magazine. We have been making this cake for years for birthdays and other important events. It is a torte with sour cream and cream cheese filling, topped with whipped cream and raspberries. The combination of cream cheese, whipped cream and raspberries is awesome!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (divided into 1/2 and 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (divided into 1/2 and 1/4 tsp.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed and drained raspberries
- 2 packages Dream Whip (or 2 cups whipped cream topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and 1/2 tsp.
- almond extract.
- Beat with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- In a samll bowl beat cream cheese,1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 tsp.
- almond extract and set aside.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove partially baked cake.
- Spoon mixture of cream cheese and sour cream onto cake.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes.
- COOL WELL!
- This is an important step, because if the cake is still warm, the whipped topping will melt.
- Prepare whipped topping according to directions.
- Top cooled cake with whipped topping.
- Group raspberries on top.
- If not serving immediately, store in refrigerator.