1/4 Photos of Celebration Hot Rum Buttered Cider - Cider Hot Toddy
French Tart's Note:
This spiced and hot rum buttered cider toddy is a wonderful drink throughout the cold winter months, and is perfect during the Festive Holiday Season as well. I use Scrumpy or local French Breton cloudy cider for this, which I believe is called Hard Cider in North America. Serve the hot rum buttered cider toddy in attractive warmed glasses and float a cinnamon stick on the top for that extra touch!
My Private Note
Hot Cid ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stud the orange with the cloves.
- 2Gently melt the butter in a large saucepan before adding the cider; continue to heat the cider and butter for about 5 minutes, then add the clove-studded orange and the cinnamon sticks; heat gently for a further 5 minutes - do NOT allow it to come to the boil.
- 3Add the rum and heat for a further minute or two, again do not allow the toddy to come to the boil.
- 4Serve in warmed punch glasses or mugs, add a cinnamon stick to each glass if you wish.
- 5You can add more cider, rum and butter to the pan with the spiced fruit, throughout the evening.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celebration Hot Rum Buttered Cider - Cider Hot Toddy
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 35.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: