1/1 Photo of Celebration Cornbread Pudding
2 hrs 25 mins
I love corn bread all by itself. But this recipe is really yummy, especially when served with a nice pork roast and a little gravy on the side. I hope you enjoy it. Prep time does not include the cooling period for the corn bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the corn bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the pudding
- 1The cornbread can be made several days in advance and kept in an airtight container.
- 2To make the corn bread: In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and butter.
- 4Stir the milk mixture into the cornmeal mixture until just combined.
- 5Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- 6Bake the cornbread in the midle of a preheated 425^F oven 20-25 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- 7Let cool in pan for 5 minutes; invert onto a rack; cool completely.
- 8Crumble the corn bread coarsely into 2 shallow baking pans and toast in the middle of a preheated 325^F oven, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 35 minutes until it is dried and a deep golden color.
- 9Set aside.
- 10To make the pudding: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cayenne, and salt to taste.
- 11Add the crumbled corn bread, tomatoes and scallions.
- 12Combine well.
- 13Divide the pudding between 2 greased 9-inch round cake pans.
- 14Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 15Bake in the middle of a preheated 375^f oven for 40-45 minutes until golden.
- 16Cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celebration Cornbread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.7
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 131.9 mg
- Sodium 446.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 10.5 g