Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a lovely pie for any event - or just to have at home. It never lasts long when I make it. I originally got it from an old recipe magazine (not sure the name - the cover has been missing for years). It is very rich, though, so you'll want to cut the pieces small. It is good warm or cold (it is more like a "candy bar" when cold). It is great with a scoop of ice cream on the side. This pie also freezes well - just remove from freezer and warm at 300F for 35-40 minutes before serving.
- Line pie plate with crust; set aside.
- Beat eggs slightly in a small mixer bowl.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add melted butter/margarine and vanilla; mix well.
- Blend in cornstarch.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool 1 hour.