Here's another recipe from a recent novel that sounded delicious!
Make and share this Celebration Cake With Hot Buttered Whiskey Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13" pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the butter and add to the flour mixture along with the brown sugar.
- Add the eggs, whiskey and water, mixing well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with chips and nuts.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is firm.
- Cool 15 minutes then drizzle with glaze.
- To make the glace, melt 1/4 cup butter in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk in 2 cups confectioner's sugar, 1/3 cup whiskey and vanilla.
- Blend well.
- Pour over cake.