Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting, divided
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer at low speed until moistened.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chopped cookies.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Cool completely.
- Reserve 1/2 cup frosting for garnish.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with remaining frosting.
- Top with remaining chopped cookies, pressing gently into frosting.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- Heat chocolate and butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Cool slightly and spread evenly over top of cake.
- Cool for 10 minutes or until glaze is set.
- Garnish with reserved frosting to resemble a large Oreo cookie.