Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 slices bread, torn up
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup sweet unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup or 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- Light a charcoal fire.
- Mix eggs with cream and milk, then add torn-up bread onion, salt, horseradish, pepper, thyme, and dry mustard.
- Stir well, let stand for 10 minutes, and then stir well again, until all is well moistened and the bread is no longer in pieces.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Melt butter with ketchup and keep warm.
- Measure out beef in ½-cup increments and form patties.
- Grill over hot coals on one side.
- Turn and brush with butter-ketchup mixture.
- Grill other side.
- Serve hot.
My daughter thought that this was excellent, but my husband said he wouldn't eat it again, so I gave this recipe 4 stars. Thank you for posting this!