Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This brownie mix is enhanced with the addition of a small bottle of liquer added to it. Tie a package of long thin sparkler candles to the mix to really celebrate !
Top Review by Pixie's Kitchen
This is a great brownie recipe and I have made it now for the last 2 years, everyone loves these and they are great with or without the liqueur. Thank you for posting, this is always my quick go to gift jar recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (50 ml) bottle coffee liqueur (or your favorite liqueur) or 1 (50 ml) bottle raspberry liqueur (or your favorite liqueur) or 1 (50 ml) bottle irish cream (or your favorite liqueur)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer all ingredients except liqueur in order listed in 2 quart jar with screw on lid.
- Attach liqueur bottle to the jar with a ribbon. include instructions.
- heat oven to 350°F
- grease bottom only of square 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inch pan with shortening.
- Melt 1/2 cup butte or margarine.
- Beat melted butter, 2 eggs and the liqueur in medium bowl with spoon till blended.
- Stir in celebration mix.
- Spread batter in pan.
- bake 8 inch for 30-35 minutes, 9 inch pan 25-30 minutes till the edges are dry and toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For brownies, cut in 4 rows.
- makes 16 brownies.