Bring this dessert out , people will be clamoring for it, it looks that good! Make sure to get cook and serve pudding mix, not instant.The fresh berries are the crowning jewels. You don't need a fancy tart pan, you can use an aluminum pie pan from the grocery store, or buy an already made grahm cracker crust. Adapted from Dave Lieberman's cookbook, Young and Hungry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 ounce) packages vanilla pudding mix (cook and serve)
- 1To make the crust:.
- 2Crush the grahm crackers with your hands as fine as you can(or grind in food processor).
- 3Heat the butter in a saucepan or microwave oven until half melted. Work the butter and sugar into the crumbs with your fingertips until the crumbs look like wet sand.
- 4Using your fingertips, press the crust into a 9" pie pan, making an even layer on the bottom and sides of pan. (If using storebought crust, skip this part.).
- 5Bake until the crust is a shade darker, and let it cool completely.
- 6Make the pudding according to the package directions, then let it stand 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep a film from forming on the top.
- 7Use a spoon or rubber spatula to scrape the pudding into the grahm cracker shell and smooth it into an even layer. Put the tart in the fridge until the pudding is chilled and set, at least 1 hour.
- 8Meanwhile, cut the stems off the strawberries and wash them with the other berries in a colander under cold water. Drain them and then spread them out on paper towels to dry.
- 9Arrange the berries nicely over the custard or just gently tumble them onto it. Cover the tart lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate it.
- 10Your can make the tart up to 4 hours in advance.
- 11Serve cold and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celebrate With a Pudding and Berry Tart!
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 262.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g