Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very old casserole of cabbage hamburger and onion. I think you could use coleslaw mix for this.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb hamburger, Libbie has 1/2 lb but all the recipes I checked had 1 lb
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cabbage, coarsely grated, divided
- 10 1⁄2 ounces tomato soup
- Saute onion in butter but do not brown.
- Add hamburger, salt and pepper.
- In a two quart baking dish add 3 cups cabbage.
- Cover with meat mixture.
- Top with rest of cabbage.
- Top with tomato soup.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
Thank You for reminding me of this great tasting casserole. It is exactly the same recipe I have used. Love it!!!
This recipe is one my mom used to make when I was a little girl. It is actually in her old Betty Crocker cookbook. This dish is easy to make and tastes great. I've used different kinds of tomato soup and the result is always wonderful.
This was ok for us. It seemed kinda bland so I added some cayenne pepper. Love the fact you bake it. Made for Zaar 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2012.