Abby Girl's Note:
There is nothing comparable to the taste of freshly caught salmon, but to serve it planked.....is phenomenal!!! Out on the west coast, we get an abundance of salmon, so I am always looking for a different recipe. This recipe was published in our local paper from cookbook author Ronnie Shewchuk, Barbecue Secrets
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cedar plank (soaked overnight or at least 1 hour)
- 1Plank: Make sure that the plank has soaked for at least 1 hour and up to 24.
- 2Glaze: Combine the whiskey and maple syrup in a small saucepan, bringing the mixture to a low boil and reduce by about half. You should have a thick syrup that coats the back of a spoon. Add chilies and butter and stir until just combined. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3Season the salmon with salt, pepper and granulated onion. Pour the glaze over the salmon carefully. Let the salmon sit for 10 - 15 minutes at room temperature, until the rub is moistened.
- 4Preheat the grill on medium high heat for 5 - 10 minutes. Rinse the plank and place it on the cooking grate. Cover the grill and heat the plank for 4 - 5 minutes or until it starts to throw off a bit of smoke and crackles lightly.
- 5Reduce the heat to medium low. Season the plank with kosher salt and place the salmon, skin side down, on the plank. Cover the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish flakes.
- 6Check periodically to make sure the plank doesn't catch fire and spray the burning edges with water if it does, making sure to close the lid afterwards.
- 7When the salmon is done, squeeze half a lemon along its length and carefully transfer to a platter. Garish with remaining lemon cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cedar Planked Salmon With Whiskey Maple Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 109.3 mg
- Sodium 192.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 46.8 g