1/1 Photo of Cedar Planked Salmon With Sweet Mustard Vinaigrette
Galley Wench's Note:
Preparation time does not include the four+ hours soak time for the cedar cooking plank (available online or at many kitchen stores). This is a combination of a recipe from Food Network and the other Bobby Flay. Great served with our without the vinaigrette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cedar plank, unseasoned cooking plank (6 by 14 inches)
- 2 salmon fillets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
For the vinaigrette
- 1At least 4 hours before, place the cedar plank in water to soak. Place a heavy object on it to submerge completely.
- 3Whisk the vinegar, mustard, and shallot together in a medium bowl.
- 4Gradually whisk in the honey, then the oil, until the dressing is emulsified.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper. (The vinaigrette can be made a few hours in advance, covered, and kept refrigerated. Bring to room temperature and whisk or shake well before serving.).
- 7Remove skin from salmon fillet.
- 8Remove any remaining bones.
- 9Rinse the salmon under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 10Generously season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 11Lay the salmon (on what was skin-side down) on the cedar plank and carefully spread the mustard over the top and sides.
- 12Place the brown sugar in a bowl and crumble between your fingers, then sprinkle over the mustard.
- 13Set grill for indirect grilling and heat to medium-high.
- 14Place the cedar plank in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat.
- 15Cover the grill and cook until cooked through, around 20 to 30 minutes.
- 16The internal temperature should read 135 degrees F.
- 17Remove the fish to serving plates or a platter and spoon a few tablespoons of vinaigrette over each fillet. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cedar Planked Salmon With Sweet Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.7
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 379.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar