Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Planking brings out the full flavour of salmon and this recipe from my favourite BBQ buddy, Ted Reader, is one of my favourites. It is so easy and incredibly delicious. You will need an untreated cedar plank (at least 10x8x1 inch), soaked in water overnight. Preparation time does not include soaking time for the plank.
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a bowl combine the onion, garlic, green onions, BBQ sauce, marmalade, dill, orange juice, black pepper and salt.
- Heavily crust the top of each salmon fillet with the mixture, pressing down gently.
- Place the soaked plank on the grill and close the lid.
- Let the plank heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until it starts to crackle and smoke.
- Carefully open the lid and place the salmon on the plank.
- Close the lid and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- PERIODICALLY CHECK THE PLANK; IF IS BURNING, SPRAY IT WITH WATER AND REDUCE HEAT TO MEDIUM.
- Carefully remove the plank from the grill and serve immediately.
Never having done anything like this before I was a little apprehensive about trying something like this, but a neighbor of mine was more then willing to walk me through it & the salmon was awesome, with the 4 of us pigging out on the all the salmon, a simple salad & some very tasty Cheesy Little Potato loaves! Thanks for sharing the recipes! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
After trying your Salmon with Pastry and Rice recipe, I decided to try another of your recipes.
This was a very pleasant surprise. Wonderful flavours again. Served it with a simple green salad.