Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Something different inspired by my favorite drink, Captain Morgan and Coke with a lime!
- 4 cedar planks
- 24 ounces portions salmon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup captain morgan spiced rum
- 1 lime, zest of
- Soak cedar planks in warm water at least one hour.
- Preheat grill to medium (indirect fire if you're using charcoal).
- While soaking, sautee garlic in olive oil until just beginning to brown.
- Add teryiaki, honey and brown sugar allow to simmer lightly about 8-10 minutes until reduced by about 1/3.
- add spiced rum and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- take off the heat and add the lime zest.
- rub planks with the cut side of the spent limes (for additional flavor).
- place salmon portions on the planks, arrange planked salmon on your grill so that they're not getting direct heat (for gas, turn off middle burners).
- Cook on planks with lid to grill shut about 8 minutes, check for doneness.
So very good! I loved this, and so did my husband who isn't always a huge fan of salmon. I made exactly as directed and it turned out perfect. I love the idea of using the juiced limes on the cedar planks for extra flavor. Thanks for a real keeper recipe!