Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
There is nothing comparable to the taste of freshly caught salmon, and we were recently the recipient of such a treasure! The amount of soy sauce and brown sugar depends on the size of the fish--whether it is 1 lb or 30 lb, but because the computers won't recognize this recipe without measurement, I did add an approximate. This is meant as a guideline...you can add more or less depending on preference. This is a wonderful glaze--perfect for salmon or steelhead trout.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or teriyaki sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 6 lemon slices
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon (or steelhead trout)
- cedar plank, soaked in water for at least one hour
- Soak an untreated cedar plank for at least 1 hour.
- On a work counter (or a large cookie sheet) spread a layer of soy sauce over the salmon. Sprinkle with lemon pepper. Sprinkle a thin layer of brown sugar.
- Cut enough lemon slices to cover the salmon then let the fish marinate for up to 1 hour.
- Remove plank from water and dry with paper towel. Transfer salmon to plank.
- Prepare barbecue and cook fish until flaky.