Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've never tried this recipe, but can't wait to, and don't want to lose this recipe. Sounds good, and an easy way to start using planks. Be sure to soak the planks in liquid for 1 hour prior to cooking.
- 1 cedar plank (15-inchx1/2-inch)
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 5 -6 ounces brie cheese, 2 small wheels or 5 -6 ounces camembert cheese or 5 -6 ounces cambozola cheese, 5-6 oz
- 1 -2 fresh French baguette, sliced
- Soak the cedar plank in cold water for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat, about 400*F.
- In a small bowl, combine raspberries, slivered almonds and fresh thyme, and season to taste with black pepper. Drizzle with honey and gently mix to combine.
- Remove plank from water. Place wheels of Brie on plank, evenly spaced.
- Top each wheel with half of the raspberry honey mixture.
- Place plank on grill and close lid. Plank cheese for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and slightly puffy, topping is hot and almonds are light golden brown. Remove plank from grill and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with fresh sliced baguette, a few big spoons, and lots of napkins!
- Other options to top cheese are grilled mushrooms, fruit salsa, and tomato bruschetta.
Fantastic. I saw the recipe and had to try it but it was better than I anticipated. What really made this tasty was the thyme which surprised me but it was a pleasant surprise. Made as written and I wouldn't change a thing.