1/3 Photos of Cedar-Planked BBQ Salmon
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
My passion is to master the art of cooking sea food. I read about sea life and try to develop recipes worthy of the richness of inhabitants of the seas. This particular recipe is a supermarket "freebie" from the seafood department, generously provided by Heritage Salmon. Serve with new, baby red potatoes, asparagus spears and a salad of mixed greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skinless
- 2 cedar planks, soaked in water for 4 to 6 hours
- 1 tablespoon dry barbecue spice
- sea salt
- 1 large lemon
- 1Preheat grill to high.
- 2Sprinkle BBQ seasoning on salmon fillets.
- 3Combine ingredients for crust mixture and spread generously over the flesh side (not skin side) of each fillet.
- 4Season soaked cedar planks with sea salt, and place on grill.
- 5Close lid and heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until they start to crackle and smoke.
- 6Lift lid carefully and place salmon fillets on hot planks, skinned side down.
- 7Close lid and bake planked salmon for 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness.
- 8Squeeze lemon over fillets.
- 9Check periodically to ensure the planks are not on fire.
- 10Use spray bottle to extinguish any flames.
- 11Carefully remove planks from grill and transfer salmon to serving platter.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cedar-Planked BBQ Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.4
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 129.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: