Recipe by Abby Girl
I found this unusual lamb recipe in our local paper. You can increase the heat of the red chili flakes if desired. This does not include the marinade time
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
Rack of Lamb
- cedar plank, soaked overnight
- 4 lamb racks
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together ingredients and divide into 2 portions. Lightly season lamb with salt. Coat racks with one portion of marinade and set aside the other for the second batch.
- Cover lamb and chill 2 hours or overnight.
- Place lamb racks on cedar plank in pairs, facing one another, so the ribs interlock. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until lamb registers 125 degrees on meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill and tent loosely with foil for 5 - 10 minutes. Slice into chops and serve garnished with chopped peanuts and green onions.