Recipe by cylee
This is more of a tip than a recipe....I love to grill on cedar planks, but hate to take the time to soak the planks - this makes the delicious art of grilling on a plank available in an instant! Just remember to leave plank on grill for 3 mins and flip before placing food on it!
Top Review by Peter J
Great idea! I love cedar planked foods as well and this is a great way to have the planks ready to go. I could see the salt really worked and got a lot less scorching of the plank than usual so apart from being quick and convenient it's a great way to get more life from your planks.
- 1 cedar plank (or other flavorful wood, UNTREATED)
- 1 gallon water (and wine, juice, herbs, etc...to cover)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 plastic wrap
- 1 ziploc bag
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wood planks in desired liquids with salt overnight. (Salt helps the plank to not burn on grill, just remember to reduce salt in any recipe to adjust taste).
- Remove from water, wrap in plastic wrap individually and place in ziplock bags and freeze.
- Remove individually wrapped planks as needed.
- No need to thaw, unwrap and use for grilling as recipe directs.