Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
We have cooked teriyaki salmon before but it has never been this good! The cedar plank adds the perfect flavor and the fish comes out so tender...it is absolutely mouthwatering. This is the best fish i have ever eaten. It tastes great over white rice. Grilled asparagus would be another great side with this meal. DELICIOUS! I use Yoshido's gourmet sauce or you can use Kikkoman teriyaki green onion & garlic or their ginger one.
- Soak cedar plank for about 2 hours.
- Marinate salmon for 2 hours in Yoshido's gourmet sauce or Kikkoman teriyaki sauce.
- Heat grill to medium heat, leaving the center burner off.
- Close grill and cook for about 10 minutes or until the meat flakes easily with a fork.
- Top with a drizzle of gourmet or teriyaki sauce, chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
- Oh and if you get the chance, please tell me how you like it!
Chose this recipe for Fall 2009 PAC. I caught a 23 lb salmon on Saturday (YEAH) and wanted to try this recipe. I don't like to mask the flavor of salmon with lots of spices and sauces but did enjoy the flavor of the Yoshida Sauce. It was also my first experience with a cedar plank. When I opened the plank I was a littled worried that there was none of the 'cedar scent' that you usually have. The plank gave the salmon a light smoky flavor that really complimented the teriyaki marinade. It did NOT taste like smoked salmon, for whick I was grateful. I did bake in the oven and did not add any extra sauce. Next time I would like to bake some onion slices on top of the salmon. This was a pleasant surprize for this salmon lover! This is a recipe proves a simple recipe can be very rewarding! Thanks Andrea !!