This is from the Home Hardware flyer if you can believe it. We had it the other night for dinner and it was divine.
- In a shallow glass dish, combine the sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil, butter and ginger.
- Place the fish in the marinade for 30 minutes.
- Soak the cedar plank in water for 20-45 minutes
- Preheat the grill at a medium-low setting (300 degrees).
- After removing the plank from the liquid, pat dry and coat with olive oil on both sides.
- Place the plank on the grill with the salmon and shut the lid.
- Leave for 15-20 mins (note: when using whole salmon, the cooking time will increase to approximately 45-50 mins).
- Check salmon on the thickest part of the fillet to ensure even cooking. The salmon should have an opaque colour and be flaky to the touch with a fork.
- Once done, serve with lemon or lime for squeezing over the fish.