Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Grill time favorite! Can be cooked on the grill or in the over. I use 1"x8" cedar board from the lumberyard.... have it cut to a length (--18 inches) to fit in your largest pan for soaking.
- 4 lbs salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 cedar plank, 1 x 8 x 15-inch
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Soak cedar plank in water for 2-24 hours. Use a heavy can to keep the plank submerged.
- Preheat grill (all burners) for 15 to 20 minutes on high or oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix spices together.
- Preheat plank on grill or in oven for 10-15 minutes until the surface moisture has evaporated.
- Prepare the salmon by brushing both sides with olive oil, and sprinkle with spices.
- Place Salmon on plank, turn off burner directly under the plank, and cook until flakey -- about 15-20 minutes.
- Can be cooked in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees F right on the plank (I put an empty cookie sheet on the rack below to catch juices)!
- Serve with lemon wedges.