I adore our Seattle restaurants. Palisade is one not to miss when in the area. You could bake the crab-stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet instead, but you'll miss out on the subtle woodsy aroma that the mushrooms absorb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 24 large white mushrooms (about 2 inches in diameter)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dungeness crabmeat, larger pieces broken up (about 6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon
- 2 tablespoons grated asiago cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon minced chives, for garnish (optional)
- 1Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the celery, carrot, and shallot and saute', stirring constantly, until slightly tender and aromatic, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add the cream and reduce by half, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5While the vegetable mixture is cooling, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 6Snap the stems from the mushrooms and discard.
- 7Be sure to remove the entire stem, leaving a good cavity for the filling.
- 8Wipe the caps clean, then season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 9Set aside.
- 10When the vegetable mixture is cool, add the crabmeat, tarragon, and about 1/4 tsp of pepper, stir until well combined.
- 11Fill each mushroom cap with stuffing (about 2 tsp's), mounding it slightly.
- 12Top each stuffed mushroom with a pinch of the Asiago cheese and set the mushrooms on a cedar roasting plank.
- 13Bake until the cheese is slightly browned and the filling is heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 14Drizzle the lemon juice over the mushrooms and sprinkle with the chives (if using).
- 15Serve warm, directly from the plank.
- 16Or, if you've used a baking sheet, transfer the mushrooms to a platter for serving.
- 17Note: If you're interested in more information about plank cooking, Palisade restaurant's chef John Howie has a site at www.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cedar Plank-Roasted Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 20.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: