Recipe by katii
Cedar planks aren't just for salmon anymore! These wonderfully smoky-flavoured potatoes will become a barbeque staple.
- 1 yukon gold potato, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 cedar plank, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 1⁄4 cup garlic salt
- 2 sprigs rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes into wedges 1/2"-1/3" thick, thinner for crispier wedges.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes and onion with garlic, salt, rosemary, and thyme.
- To prepare the plank, massage the garlic salt into BOTH sides of the wood, and crush the rosemary into the plank.
- Lay the wedges in an even layer (no overlapping) on the plank, and place on the barbeque grill.
- Grill at a medium-high temperature for about 15-20 minutes, turning potatoes halfway through.
- Remove the plank from the grill with TONGS (don't touch!) and remove potatoes once cooled down enough to touch.