Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Amish friend Cecily is a wonderful cook. she grows her own asparagus and makes this often in the springtime
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add flour stir and cook until smooth and bubbly.
- carefully whisk in milk.
- cook, whisking constantly until sauce is thickened.
- stir in salt and cheese until cheese is melted.
- then A couple spoonfuls of bacon drippings.
- cook asparagus in salted wateruntil crisp tender, 3-4 minutes.
- drain and add cheese sauce
- top with bacon.
I want to say " I'm so please to be the first one to rate this recipe. " :) Since I used jarred asparagus, I'm only going to base my review on the sauce. I made the sauce exactly as it was written. And this was the first time I've ever used bacon "drippings " in a cheese sauce, and it won't be my last. :) I like eating Asparagus on occasion, but with this cheese sauce it will certainly be more often. Thanks for posting a recipe that will be made often. " Keep Smiling :) "