1/1 Photo of Cecily's Amish Asparagus in a Bacon-Cheese Sauce
My Amish friend Cecily is a wonderful cook. she grows her own asparagus and makes this often in the springtime
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add flour stir and cook until smooth and bubbly.
- 2carefully whisk in milk.
- 3cook, whisking constantly until sauce is thickened.
- 4stir in salt and cheese until cheese is melted.
- 5then A couple spoonfuls of bacon drippings.
- 6cook asparagus in salted wateruntil crisp tender, 3-4 minutes.
- 7drain and add cheese sauce
- 8top with bacon.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cecily's Amish Asparagus in a Bacon-Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.5
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 492.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: