Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cecily Brownstone was a food writer who wrote many cookbooks. This is an easy recipe with a butter spice blend applied to the chicken and then broiled. You can use a whole chicken cut up or just the parts on the bone that you prefer.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens, cut into 8 pieces, skin on
- 1⁄4 cup butter, a half stick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Preheat broiler.
- Cream the butter with the remaining ingredients and spread the underside of the chicken with half the mixture.
- Broil the chicken, seasoned side up, until brown.
- Turn and spread the other side with the remaining butter mixture.
- Continue broiling until brown and cooked through, about 45 minutes, basting occasionally with the drippings.