My MIL makes the best mashed potatoes and I got this recipe from her.
Make and share this Cecile's Creamy Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Add broth and potatoes to a large pot; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 minutes or so, until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain, saving the broth.
- Mash the potatoes and add 1/4 cup broth, half-and-half, butter and pepper.
- Add more broth if needed until you get the desired consistency.
- Note: After I mash the potatoes, I use the electric mixer to get them smooth.
These mashed potatoes are so yummy. And have a great texture. The taste is great with the chicken broth, cream and butter. Thanks ratherbeswimmin :) Made for All you can cook buffet
These definitely are creamy! Cooking with chicken broth adds so much flavor. I used white pepper.
These were good mashed po's - I have a habit of making very bland, boring mashed potatoes that no one likes very much, and these were much better! Next time I'll add some salt and perhaps garlic. Yum!