1/2 Photos of Cebiche De Atun ( Peruvian Canned Tuna Ceviche)
Here is a simple appetizer that is popular and easy to make and will appeal to even those who are not ceviche aficionados. Ceviche of many types are popular in Peru. This can also be served as a light lunch, served on crusty French or Italian rolls. Adapted from Spirit of the Earth(Cultural Expeditions).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile, seeded and minced (more or less to taste)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- fleshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
- 1Drain the tuna invert it onto a small platter.
- 2Sprinkle the chile and onion over the tuna and allow it to stand for a few minutes. Then add the tomato, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste, and gently mix together.
- 3Sprinkle the lime juice over all, and drizzle with the oil. Serve over lettuce if you like.
- 4Garnish with sprigs of cilantro and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cebiche De Atun ( Peruvian Canned Tuna Ceviche)
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 325.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 21.1 g