1/2 Photos of Ceasar Salad With Roasted Capers
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
Just perfect for something out of the ordinary but still familiar. The capers replace the croutons for a more contemporary version. Serve as a side salad or make it more of a meal by topping with some cooked chicken strips & crusty bread and you've got yourself a divine meal! From the Chicago Tribune Good Eating Section, May 19, 2010
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°.
- 2Place the capers and 1 teaspoon oil in a small heavy roasting pan.
- 3Roast turning a few times, until crispy, about 18-20 minutes. *WATCH carefully towards the end. Remove from the pan, cool and reserve.
- 4Meanwhile, immerse the egg in a small saucepan of boiling water. Remove the pan from the heat; allow to sit for 10 minutes. Remove the egg from the water; allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- 5Mince the garlic in a food processor. Add the lemon juice, anchovy paste, pepper; process to combine.
- 6Spoon in the egg; pulse until combined. Add 1/2 C oil until emulsified. Pulse in 1/4 C cheese. Taste for seasoning.
- 7In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and capers with the dressing & toss to combine. Add the remaining 1/4 C cheese; toss.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ceasar Salad With Roasted Capers
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.9
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 248.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: