1/1 Photo of CC's French Onion Casserole
8 hrs 50 mins
Put this together in the morning so can have a wonderfully different side dish that evening. Delicious companion with any beef, particularly steaks or roasts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut onion in half from top to bottom, then with cut side down, slice moderately thinly.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onions and mushrooms, stirring constantly until tender.
- 3Spoon onion/mushroom mixture into lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
- 5Combine soup, milk and worcestershire sauce and pour over cheese.
- 6Top with bread slices and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 7Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
- 8Remove baking dish from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 9Bake covered at 375º for 30 minutes.
- 10Uncover and bake 15 to 20 additional minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 11Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for CC's French Onion Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.6
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 982.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 32.2 g