Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My bf spent some time in Chile and he loved a chicken stew similar to this. This recipe is an adaptation from The Whole World Loves Chicken Soup by Mimi Sheraton. I found it on a world hearth website. We'll try it some time when the weather gets cool.
- 3 lbs chicken (Cubed )
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 medium onions (Chopped )
- 2 small zucchini (Sliced )
- 1 small acorn squash (Cubed )
- 1⁄2 lb French style green bean
- 1 medium fennel bulb (Chopped )
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 2 sprigs mint (Chopped )
- 2 tablespoons parsley (Chopped )
- 10 ounces corn
- 1 cup peas
- 2 medium potatoes (Cubed )
- 1 medium egg (Beaten )
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Saute red pepper, cayenne and onion in butter for 7 minutes.
- Add chicken and broth, simmer for 1 hour.
- Add zucchini, squash, beans, fennel, cumin, rice, mint and parsley. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add corn and peas and simmer until done about 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil potatoes in separate pan, drain and mash with egg and vinegar.
- Add potato mixture to the soup. Stir well, add lime and serve.