Recipe by darthlaurie
This is another variation of Cazuela, a simple chicken stew my bf remembers having when he lived in Chile for a couple years. We'll try it when it's soup weather. I found this on another website. The person who posted it there says it's from the Bountiful Harvest Cookbook.
Top Review by jiggles96377
Love this dish! I kept all the ingredients the same with the exception of adding two table spoons of Sofrito and two packets of Sazon for added flavor. Great dish and will definitely make this again in the future.
- 6 chicken drumsticks or 6 chicken thighs
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1- inch cubes
- 6 small potatoes, peeled
- 6 pieces of fresh corn on the cob (2 inches each) or 6 pieces frozen corn on the cob (2 inches each)
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
- minced fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup kettle or Dutch oven, place chicken, squash, potatoes, corn, carrots and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice in a shallow soup bowl; pass hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and cilantro or parsley.