Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not too spicy, but tastes really yummy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, celery and onion over medium heat til meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add juice, tomatoes, beans, soup, water, chili powder, brown sugar, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni.
- Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes or until heated thru.
- Discard bay leaves.