Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are great with soup or salad, or by themselves as a snack.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 loaves French bread
- Combine olive oil, sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper in small bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Cut French bread into 1/4 inch slices;.
- Arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
- Brush with olive oil mixture, whisking oil constantly while using to mix seasonings.
- Toast at 200°F for 1 hour or until crisp.
- Remove to wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container for up to 2 days. Serve with soups and salads. May freeze and reheat at 350°F for 5-7 minutes.