1/3 Photos of Cayenne Shrimp Fettuccine
This is a creamy pasta that is quick and easy to make. Don't be frightened by the amount of garlic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 lb butter
- 20 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned & deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1Cook noodles according to package.
- 2Melt butter with the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shrimp, cook until shrimp turn pink, but do not allow garlic to brown.
- 3Add parsley, mushrooms, onions, and cayenne pepper; saute for 1 minute.
- 4Add flour, mix thoroughly and add wine. Simmer for 30 seconds then add cream and heat through.
- 5Drain noodles and add to sauce with half of the grated cheese. Fold in gently until cheese is melted. Salt lightly.
- 6If sauce is too thin, continue heating until sauce reduces. Garnish with chopped parsley and additional grated cheese. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cayenne Shrimp Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1032.9
- Calories from Fat 631
- Total Fat 70.1 g
- Saturated Fat 33.1 g
- Cholesterol 368.7 mg
- Sodium 478.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 34.1 g