Recipe by cookiedog
This is a creamy pasta that is quick and easy to make. Don't be frightened by the amount of garlic!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
Spicy, delicious, and decadent! DH and I had this for dinner last night and halved the recipe for just the two of us with great results. We used a combination of wild mushrooms (oyster, shiitake, cremini), which were very tasty in the dish. The garlic and green onion proportions were perfect. I might even scale back on the cayenne next time (did I just say that???). I like my dishes pretty spicy and I found this to be a little hot. I know from experience, however, that I will never be disappointed by bland food in one of your recipes, cookiedog! Thanks for the great recipe. We will be making this again! Made for ZWT4.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 20 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned & deveined
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Melt butter with the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shrimp, cook until shrimp turn pink, but do not allow garlic to brown.
- Add parsley, mushrooms, onions, and cayenne pepper; saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour, mix thoroughly and add wine. Simmer for 30 seconds then add cream and heat through.
- Drain noodles and add to sauce with half of the grated cheese. Fold in gently until cheese is melted. Salt lightly.
- If sauce is too thin, continue heating until sauce reduces. Garnish with chopped parsley and additional grated cheese. Serve immediately.