Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From TOH August/September 2001, credited to Gayle Zebo. These are nice around the holidays or as a quick party snack. The longer they sit, the more intense the flavor.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 (10 ounce) packages pretzel sticks
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, dressing mix, garlic salt and cayenne.
- Divide pretzels between two ungreased 15x10x1 baking pans.
- Pour oil mixture over pretzels; stir to coat.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
This is my favorite snack food!! I always get requests for the recipe wherever I take it. I only use half the cayenne, though...I am a wimp when it comes to spicy food.
Excellent, however I did use the Orville Reddenbacher butter flavored popcorn oil instead and used garlic powder instead of the salt!!! Love it hot...Another Texan..Lena
I have been making these for 2 yrs now during the holidays to add to my xmas pkgs and they always get great reviews. Easy to make, delicious and also very cost efficient. Thanks so much