This ointment boosts circulation and warms your muscles. Helpful for arthritis and rheumatism. From the book Natural Beauty From the Garden by Janice Cox. Guessing on times, and they do not include time to let mixtures cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small cayenne pepper, chopped with seeds
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated beeswax
- 1Combine pepper with the oil and heat gently in microwave or stovetop.
- 2Do not boil.
- 3Let sit until cooled.
- 4Strain and discard the pepper and seeds.
- 5Add beeswax and heat again till wax is melted.
- 6Stir well, spoon into a clean container, and let cool.
- 7To use: Massage a small amount into your muscles and joints.
- 8If you would like a thinner consistency, reheat with added vegetable oil.
- 9Be careful working with peppers and wash hands thoroughly after use!
You Might Also Like...View All Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cayenne Pepper Ointment
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.8
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: