Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This ointment boosts circulation and warms your muscles. Helpful for arthritis and rheumatism. From the book Natural Beauty From the Garden by Janice Cox. Guessing on times, and they do not include time to let mixtures cool.
- 1 small cayenne pepper, chopped with seeds
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated beeswax
- Combine pepper with the oil and heat gently in microwave or stovetop.
- Do not boil.
- Let sit until cooled.
- Strain and discard the pepper and seeds.
- Add beeswax and heat again till wax is melted.
- Stir well, spoon into a clean container, and let cool.
- To use: Massage a small amount into your muscles and joints.
- If you would like a thinner consistency, reheat with added vegetable oil.
- Be careful working with peppers and wash hands thoroughly after use!
I made this with olive oil, and it turned out great. I just rubbed some on the back of my neck, and it brings warmth to the area, but doesn't burn. Thanks for the recipe!