Recipe by yogi
This ointment boosts circulation and warms your muscles. Helpful for arthritis and rheumatism. From the book Natural Beauty From the Garden by Janice Cox. Guessing on times, and they do not include time to let mixtures cool.
- 1 small cayenne pepper, chopped with seeds
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons grated beeswax
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pepper with the oil and heat gently in microwave or stovetop.
- Do not boil.
- Let sit until cooled.
- Strain and discard the pepper and seeds.
- Add beeswax and heat again till wax is melted.
- Stir well, spoon into a clean container, and let cool.
- To use: Massage a small amount into your muscles and joints.
- If you would like a thinner consistency, reheat with added vegetable oil.
- Be careful working with peppers and wash hands thoroughly after use!