1/1 Photo of Cayenne Coconut Crusted Chicken
Recipe is from the Spice Islands website ... yummy with the Spicy Apricot Sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup argo cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon spice islands cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon spice islands fine grind black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- enough for deep frying mazola corn oil
Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce
- 1Mix cornstarch, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper inches.
- 2shallow bowl; set aside.
- 3Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy.
- 4Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- 5Dredge chicken tenders in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess. Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut. Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- 6Heat oil in heavy skillet (oil should be about 2 inches deep; add more oil if needed) or deep fat fryer to 350º F.
- 7Add chicken to the hot oil in batches. Deep fry until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve hot with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce.
- 8To make Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce: Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to mix thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cayenne Coconut Crusted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.9
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 830.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 55.1 g
- Protein 40.8 g