Recipe is from the Spice Islands website ... yummy with the Spicy Apricot Sauce!
Make and share this Cayenne Coconut Crusted Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 cup argo cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon spice islands cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spice islands fine grind black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- enough for deep frying mazola corn oil
Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon spice islands crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix cornstarch, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper inches.
- shallow bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy.
- Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenders in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess. Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut. Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet (oil should be about 2 inches deep; add more oil if needed) or deep fat fryer to 350º F.
- Add chicken to the hot oil in batches. Deep fry until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve hot with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce.
- To make Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce: Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to mix thoroughly.