Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. The depth of these flavors are amazing. Just one bite will keep you returning for more of a great meal to serve your family and friends this summer out on the bbq.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup dark beer
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries
- Heat grill. Grease with non stick spray.
- In double boiler add chocolate and melt on low heat. Stir until completely melted.
- Add mayo. Stir to combine.
- Add beer. Stir to combine.
- Add all other ingredients, except cherries. Stir and heat for approximately 3-5 minutes Sauce should be semi thick.
- Take 1/2 of the sauce and brush both sides of steak. Grill for 4-5 minutes on both sides. Let rest for 5 mins before slicing.
- Add chopped cherries to remaining sauce. Stir. Serve with sliced meat.
delicious combination of flavors
You're one talented diva! Love it!
Chocolate and steak... works for me!