Recipe by desertgirlz3
This is a recipe that I borrowed from a great friend and chef, Chef James. This recipe is easy and the pecans come out delicious. They have a slight sweetness from the honey, a salty, nutty flavor from the butter and of course the spicy cayenne kick. These are fantastic in salads or just by the handful.
- 4 cups pecans, toasted
- 8 tablespoons butter (1/2 of a stick)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup honey (depending on your sweet-tooth)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon cayenne (depending on your heat level)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- To toast the pecans, place evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees, checking often. They will burn quickly!
- In a 4-quart saucepan, place all ingredients, except pecans, and heat until mixture reaches 250 degrees. Turn off heat and add pecans to saucepan and mix well.
- Spread coated pecans evenly on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Check the pecans midway during cooking, give them a mix using a spatula, spread evenly on cookie sheet and continue cooking.
- Cool and enjoy.