1/3 Photos of Cayenne-Candied Bacon
Pepper Monkey's Note:
This goes with the spicy breakfast bake. But it sounds good enough to serve with just about any breakfast dish. This was made by Emeril Lagasse on Good Morning America this morning. It looks sooo good, i can't wait to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 2Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil, and position broiler rack on top of pan.
- 3Lightly coat the rack with the vegetable oil.
- 4Combine the brown sugar and cayenne in a shallow dish, and mix well.
- 5Press one side of each slice of bacon firmly into the spiced sugar to coat.
- 6Arrange the slices of bacon on top of the broiler rack in a single layer, sugared-side up.
- 7If there is any sugar remaining in the dish, sprinkle it evenly on top of the bacon.
- 8Bake until the bacon is crisp and the sugar is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 9Drain on paper towels and serve warm or at room temperature.
- 10(Can be made several hours in advance.).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cayenne-Candied Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (684 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2992.5
- Calories from Fat 1923
- Total Fat 213.7 g
- Saturated Fat 69.2 g
- Cholesterol 308.7 mg
- Sodium 3868.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 217.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 211.8 g
- Protein 52.8 g