Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream (or regular)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the sour cream, buttermilk, garlic, onion, lime juice, and cayenne.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- May be prepared 1 day ahead and refrigerated.
This is a thin consistency dressing that really packs a punch! Especially since the cayenne I have on hand packs extra heat! Even still, through the tears, we deemed it a keeper! :)
This is a wonderful salad dressing. I took a big taste before I added the cayenne and it was super. I doubled the recipe (2 tspns. cayenne) stirred it up and took another big taste. Yikes, it set my dentures on fire! Just wanted to let you know as a body may want to cut back on the amount of "heat". Other than that, this is so creamy and yummy and I sure don't want to detract from how good the recipe really is. It's definitely a keeper and I appreciate you posting. Thanks a bunch. Laudee C.
Loved it! I used only about 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne and it was mildly spicy. I made it about 4 hours in advance to let the flavors blend in the refrigerator. Way better than any store-bought dressing!