Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a pretty and tasty addition to a drinks party.
- 1 lb frozen puff pastry, thawed
an egg wash made by beating together
- 1 large egg, and
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream or 2⁄3 cup creme fraiche
- 2 ounces black caviar
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry 1/8 inch thick and with a 3 inch star-shaped cutter, cut out 16 pastry stars.
- Transfer to lightly greased baking sheets, brush tops with egg wash, being careful not to let it drip down sides.
- Bake in middle of oven for 12-15 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Let cool and split, leaving the bottoms cut-side-up and tops cut-side-down.
- Just before serving, spoon about 1 tsp sour cream onto each star, divide caviar among stars and sprinkle with chives.