Recipe by GingerlyJ
This recipe came from my best friend Damien's russian grandmother. I personally don't like caviar but a lot of people do. Obviously the quality of the Caviar you use will effect the quality of the dish
- 1 large white onion, minced
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 -3 cups sour cream
- 4 ounces caviar (red or black)
- 1⁄4 cup chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the chopped onion on paper towels. Butter the bottom and.
- sides of an 8" springform pan. In a bowl combine the eggs and.
- mayonnaise and spread in the bottom of pan in an even layer. Sprinkle.
- with onion. Beat together until smooth the cream cheese and sour.
- cream. Drop by spoonfuls onto onion. With wet table knife spread.
- gently to smooth. Cover and chill 3 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, drain jar of caviar and distribute over cream.
- cheese (may make a pattern). Run knife around sides of pan to loosen.
- form. Garnish top with chives and parsley. Surround base with.
- parsley sprigs. Serve with melba toast. Serves 10-12 guests.