Recipe by ChefDebs
This is a very elegant appetizer, make up the base in advance and just before guests arrive, spoon on the caviar. This is very pretty for Xmas when made with red caviar and garnished with a bit of greenery.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, and chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 green onions, cut into 4 " lengths
- 1 (4 ounce) jar red caviar
- 1 (4 ounce) jar black caviar
- buttered toast points
- assorted cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- In a med bowl, stir together hard cooked eggs and softened butter. Press egg mixture into a 9 " pie plate. Sprinkle with sliced onions.
- Combine sour cream, lemon peel, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce. Spread over the onions.
- Just before serving, place the 4 inch lengths of onion on sour cream in a spoke design, dividing the pie into wedges.
- Rinse and drain the caviar. Spoon the caviar onto each wedge, alternating colors and spreading evenly and completely over the sour cream.
- Serve with buttered toast points and crackers.