Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice extravagant way to end the year! Also to start the New Year! New Year 2011 I made stuffed eggs using wasabi caviar. My eggs peeled so nice I just had to stuff them. Using less mayo/ smart balance. And a touch of horseradish mustard to the yolk mixture.
- 4 ounces red caviar
- 4 ounces black caviar
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste be careful caviar is salty
- melba toast
- Mix together eggs, onion, mayonnaise and pepper.
- Mound onto a festive plate.
- Spread each caviar across each half of the mound.
- Arrange toast around the mound.
- Serve using a plastic or porcelain spreader.
- Caviar and metals don't mix.
Love it done this way! Used red caviar only, salted mildly, and used white pepper. 4 eggs were VERY finely diced, and the other 4 eggs were pulsed in the processor twice - for a consistency somewhere between a fine dice and a mush. The onions were diced to a 2mm size - really fine. The presentation was as lovely as your current picture, if not better - but no one gave the opportunity to take a picture since it was DEVOURED immediately. Love ya Rita!
Wonderful and easy; to top it - it looks lovely!
This is great. I started making this receipe after having something similar on a cruise. This is much better.